Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Should I stay or should I go

The question was posed, "Do I think leaving will make me happy?". The simple answer is, no. It will make me very sad in the short term.

But a very good friend has also clued me into the fact that I know I'm not happy now. If I stay in this situation I know the outcome. If I make a change, I don't know the outcome but at least its not 100% assured.

Its like being given a 10% chance. If you have a 100% chance of dying without a certain treatment and a 90% chance with, isn't that worth it?

Again, I really appreciate the comments. Between you, my online friends, and the one or two people "in the flesh" that I've talked to about this I'm having to answer a lot of questions I would have never asked.

That sort of transparency in a thought process is rarely available to me.

2 comments:

Lacy said...

We have a startling amount of "things" in common. Well, maybe not, but us hypos are a rare breed :) I find much solace in knowing I'm not the only one! Not to mention, when your marriage is "in crisis" you tend to want to hide out from the rest of the world that seems "normal." For instance, I have a good friend who seems to be living the ultra good life these days with her new husband and then another dear friend getting married in the summer, while I am FLOUNDERING through the first year or two of my marriage.

I am so there with you on the uncertainty of it all. I mean, it's like...okay, if I leave, I may be making the biggest mistake of my life (doubtful) but if I stay, I might drown in a sea of nothingness soon.

My husband and I haven't made love in over two months. We are 25 and 26 respectively, and only barely married over a year.

If that don't make ya go "hmmmm" I don't know what will. *sigh

At any rate...I'm praying for you.
Keep your chin up, Dave.

Anonymous said...

hugs to you as you get through thanksgiving... hang in there, I'll be thinking about you.