Monday, November 13, 2006

Ooops

I realized last night about 5 minutes after I typed my last post that I hadn't taken my medication that day. If you've been with me for any period of time you'll know that this is usually a cause for great consternation. That's assuming I know what "consternation" really means. At first glance it looks like a group of stars that have trouble going to the bathroom... But, I digress.

I realized this as I was brushing my teeth. I think I hit all the stages of grief as I came to this realization:

Denial - "That can't be. I never forget my meds."

Anger - "I am such a dork!"

Bargaining - "Maybe I can just take it now and everything will be alright."

Depression - "Why am I freaking out about this? I thought I was 'better'... This is so sad. If I wasn't going to have a stroke from the high blood pressure, I'd shoot myself."

and finally:

Acceptance - "I'll just go to bed and die now. Lord, take me home."


Of course, I didn't die. At least, I hope not. 'Cause I didn't read anywhere in the Bible about blogging. I guess I survived. It was a restless night and there were a few phantom "chest pains" and "almost-heart attacks" but, I made it. This only proves that vigilance is the price you pay for "health".

Even for a second I let my guard down and something small crept in and made me question my health and, literally, my sanity.

2 comments:

Leila V. said...

lol. But you're not fooling your readers, Dave. We all know you're more than familiar with consternation.

Glad you made it through the night.

Lacy said...

I am now officially insulted that you pretend to think I am healthy! *shock and awe.