Sunday, November 05, 2006

Being healthy is making me...unhealthy

I've always had a bit of a weight problem. At least as far back as I can remember I've been a little heavy. Not obese (at least, not grossly) but not skinny either. Of course, if you were to ask the government I'm somewhere between obese and morbidly obese. Of course, so is Arnold Schwarz...you know who I mean.

After my last episode which was about a year ago, I got down to probably the lightest weight I've ever been. This was mostly due to my inability to eat for fear of ingesting one-too-many grams of salt and dying of an aneurysm. And then, through the summer, I stayed at that weight through exercise and good clean livin...ok...through exercise.

Now that its the 'off season' I'm not riding near as much and I'm gaining it back. The wife and I were talking today about going off our meds to lose weight.

Its sad really. Its like we have to choose between mental health and physical health. I'll try and diet more and exercise more but the reality is, I'm just not worried enough about it to do anything.

Its one of those problems like too much money or too many women that just don't seem like problems to those without.

No comments: