Monday, March 13, 2006

Poor soul

I was in the grocery store yesterday. This is the same store that last week sent me in to a panic with its "blood pressure machine of doom". It seems that the BPMoD has claimed another victim.

First things first. I got nervous just walking in the grocery store. This has become a new phenomenon with me. I'm not a fearful person usually. Outside the bounds of my health I'm usually pretty calm in situations. But since I knew the 'machine' was lurking around the corner, calling me over like the Sirens in the Odyssey, it became stressful. I'd managed to avoid it until I got to the isle and heard an older guy talking on his cell phone pacing around the machine. He was telling someone how his blood pressure had never been that low before and that he hadn't even taken his medication.

I could tell he was worried. This made me worried. I wanted to tell him I'd had a similar experience last week and that maybe it was busted. I couldn't do it though. What if it was really low and mine was really really high last week?

I went home and stressed a little about it. I told myself I wasn't going to check it because I didn't need to. HA! Turns out I did. And it was OK.

The moral to that story is I'm a complete trainwreck. Not only am I afraid of the grocery store and the machinery it houses, but I can overhear a guy talkin about his blood pressure and I start to freak out.

Yay me...

No comments: