Monday, March 20, 2006

Painting = Anxiety

We decided to paint our kitched this weekend. Seems like an innocous enough task and should be stress-free.  For some reason it wasn't.  I could shake the general sort of feeling that something was wrong.  Even though I had just finished a 30 mile bike ride and felt fine during that.  The whole time I'm soing something simple like climbinb a ladder I'm thinking to myself 

"what if I'm straining too hard and my blood pressure is going up?"
"what if I get dizzy and fall of the ladder?"
"what if Duke doesn't beat GW and I'm out my $5 for the company NCAA bracket?"

OK, that last one might be normal.  Anyway.  As I told the therapist, I'm worried about being...worried.  It seems like I've become more anxiety prone lately.  But not necessarily more about my health so much as about being more anxious.

I think this is how agoraphobics start.  Maybe before long I'll get super detective or medical skills like Monk or House.

P.S. What's with people's last names being nouns on the USA network?

No comments: