Thursday, December 07, 2006

Gee that's tiny

I got an apartment today. That's a big step for me. I've never lived on my own. I'm getting a room mate but that's still different. This is a little nerve-racking. I think as much as I've felt that my wife isn't dealing with our separation, I've begun to realize that I haven't been either.

I'm many ways my life hasn't changed. I still go to work, class, out with friends, to see my son, etc. Even though I'm sleeping in a different place it just hasn't quite sunk in that I've really left. In some ways I've been thinking about doing this for years and now its finally happened. I think I'm almost as shocked at myself as she was.

Anyway. I'm about to get some vulture shock. Moving from a 3100 square foot house to a 1000 square foot apartment with a room mate is gonna be a big change. I still think I'm up to it but, we shall see.

1 comment:

Lacy said...

I'll try to not be offended, as I prepare to go home to my SEVEN HUNDRED square foot apartment. *sigh*

I suppose that's the price you pay for being young, newly married, and poor.

*grumbles