Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Hey der, Hi der, Ho der...

The title of this post should be read with your best mid-western accent.

Nothing much to report lately. Of course you know what that means....a really super-long rambling post filled with obscure references and fake disease names. Anywho...

I had my first episode of divorce drama. I'll spare you the gory details but suffice it to say access to my son has become an issue. I keep telling myself that I expected it. And, in some respects, I expected her not to want to see me which would make it difficult for me to see him. But I think she's trying to make me "miss them" by making it difficult to see him. This, of course, is ill conceived because I know that I have time on my side and, I think, a measure of good karma. The good karma being that I'm not pushing back. I won't use my son or do anything to hurt him as long as I am capable.

This has really tested my ability to stay unemotional when dealing with her. I'm doing what I can to keep "emotion out and intellect in" but, to say the least, its a challenge. I don't want to say or do anything that might foster (more) resentment or ill will from a court. Its a fine line. Trying to fight for what is fair (access to my son) against someone whose not fighting fair.

I really think she's just lashing out. One of those 5 stages of grief or something. If one of the stages is evil...


P.S. That last line was a joke.

2 comments:

Lacy said...

so...

she's willing to do what it takes to restore the marriage, and you aren't biting?

dave said...

The short answer is, yes. The longer answer is I think she's willing to do whatever it takes to get me back in the house. 6 months down the road, its back to same 'ole same 'ole...