Saturday, January 27, 2007

Ah haaaaaaaa!

My mother is a hypochondriac. This is a new revelation to me. Maybe it shouldn't be. She's never had the classic 'symptoms' of one but, as it seems, its been there all along. Today we were sitting outside on the back deck talking and I got cold. I made a comment that after losing so much weight, I'm always cold.

For the next 10 minutes she tells me this story of how she went to see this doctor in a town 45 minutes away who did some sort of 'saliva test' and told her her adrenal glands were 'burnt out' and that she needed to take all these different kinds of vitamins and savs (I guess someone told her to put the balm on).

Its also interesting, though, that this doctor told her that when she was born that if her mother was under a lot of stress that she might have anxiety issues, too. This is exactly what my psychiatrist told me... I'm doomed. Generations of anxious people begatting other generations of anxious people.

Wonderful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found a good article on hypochondria (well there are several articles on this page, scroll down):

http://www.anxietyandstress.com/healthanxiety.html

Made me think and I wanted to share...

Anonymous said...

Dots are cool