Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I pass with low-flying colors

I got the test results from my whammy jammy cholesterol test. This is the one that's supposed to tell you everything bad about yourself to give the doctor another pill to prescribe.

It turns out that the standard part of the test (that gives you regular cholesterol numbers) was excellent. Better than its ever been. The other parts were all decent except for one. Something to do with the 'quality' of the cholesterol. It seems even the fat in my blood is an underacheiver. This, the doc says, can be taken care of with....wait for it....another pill. One that isn't a generic and that has crappy side-effects. Its really just a high dose of vitamin B but still...its another pill.

1 comment:

Lacy said...

This will be something to cheer you up. Or-perhaps not, seeing as how it shows that nomatter what you do you're screwed...

My husband has been on cholesterol meds since he was THIRTEEN-when he was, in fact, skinny as a rail. His triglycerides are in the upper four hundreds (and he's at a healthy weight) which the doctor said, and I quote is "frighteningly high."

How ya like them apples?