Thursday, February 16, 2006

I go through menopause...in 30 minutes or less

I finally got my 'wish'. Apparently Niaspan and alcohol are disagreeable to one another. You may recall I was sort of apprehensive and yet waiting for the side-effects of taking this stuff. Apparently all I had to do was have a couple glasses of wine a few hours before taking it.

Let me tell you, it was an experience. At 2:30AM I woke up with a feeling that can only be described as being lightly pan seared. I kept feeling around the bed for the capers and asparagus. It was not only a hot gflash but literally the feeling of having the worst sun burn...ever. And then...it went away.

On the positive side, I didn't freak out. That's new for me. 6 months ago I would have been in a panic. Maybe I'm cured! Time to watch a marathon of ER and maybe a few episodes of Trauma: Life in the ER.

Maybe not.

No comments: