Thursday, February 02, 2006

Amazon has my number

I saw an article in the newspaper today about a book that has just been released. Its called The Hypochondriac's Pocket Guide to Horrible Diseases You Probably Already Have

This seems like exactly the kind of book I need. I mean, why waste all my time wading through google search results looking at things that won't kill me when I can go straight to this book and find the things that will!?!?

There also appear to be some other excellent titles like:

The Paranoid's Pocket Guide whose first sentance is "One in 6,500 Americans will be injured by a toilet seat during their lifetime."

Hypochondria Can Kill : A Disease for Every Occasion, an Illness for Every Symptom which gives us a few gems right in the description. "There’s so much to worry about. Being tall can mean an early demise. Being short can kill, too. Then there are the perils of golfer’s liver and Chinese Restaurant syndrome ..."

Who new I was a niche market...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to develop a phobia of that book. Give me one second... Okay. Phobia completed. Next?