Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I haven't written in a while

Sorry.  Its been busy.  Let me get this little tidbit out.  I had an 'epiphany' this morning while I was meditating.  You ready for it?

I'm closer to 50 than I am to 16.

Yeah, earth shattering.  Up to now, I've sort of consoled myself with the idea that I'm not so old.  I'd tell myself "I was 18 just 10 years ago" or "I was 12 just 15 years ago".  Not any more.

I apparently wise man told me once that if you want to know if you're old take your age and multiply it by two.  If you don't think you'll make it, you're old.

32 x 2 = 64

Its borderline.  I have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and I'm overweight.  I also apparently have some sort of wiggly tail on one of my cholesterol  molecules that might as well be made of arsenic.

I also am a vegetarian, and I get more exercise than one person should, and recently, I've been keeping the stress real low.  I'm hoping its a wash.

However, by my formula, I only have about 6 or 7 more years of not being old.  So there.  How's that for depressing?

However, considering I'm 7 years away from old, I feel pretty good.  I'm sure that's a symptom of something.  I need to look that up.  "Feeling good even though you're almost old".

No comments: