Monday, May 01, 2006

It didn't work out so well

Sorry for the delay again, things have been busy. Its no excuse. Well, I guess, it is in an excuse but not a good one. Anywho. My son had his 2 year birthday party this weekend. All seemed well at first. Then I realized I had forgotten to take my blood pressure medication. Now, this stuff takes at least 36 hours or more to get out of your system, and it had only been 30 or so. Yet somehow I found myself in panic mode. And we all know what hapens in panic mode...I take my blood pressure. Lo and behold its high.

The rational person would see this as a sign that I was panicking. That's the rational person. I wish I knew that guy so I could call him and ask him if he knew he had a 1 in 50 chance of dying right...NOW! I imagine he wouldn't be so rational then.

Anyway. The embarassing part is that while I had a house full of people I worked myself up into such a tizzy (whatever that is) that I snuck off to the bathroom to take my blood pressure. It might as well been heroin. If you think about it, its the same motions. You tighten this strap around your arm and then you push a button and you wait. Its addictive. I hate it but I can't stop.

That's the negative part. the positive part is, it didn't ruin my day. I sort of acknowledged that it was high and then moved on (eventually). By the end of the day I had almost forgotten it. Yeah, right.

Of course I had to check it this morning and, of course, everything was hunkie dorie (again, whatever that is).

So I guess on the bright side, I didn't go straight to bed and curl up in a ball and wait for a stroke. Somehow, that's an improvement...

No comments: