Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Interesting quote

I don't know if he made it up or if its a quote.  But its very interesting and I thought I'd pass it on.  An instructor of mine said this in class the other night.

"Hell begins when God grants you the clarity to see the things you could have done, the things you should have done, or the time you've wasted."

It really struck a chord with me.  I don't know of the clarity is a gift or curse from God as we age.  I've often wondered if the reason we sleep less the older we get is a subconcious recognition of our running out of time.

There are many things I should have done, and maybe a few things I could have done.  But there is countless time that I've wasted.  Much of it on worry.  It seems counterintuitive really.  To waste so much of my life worrying about losing said life (or even more ironically, shortening it).

No comments: