Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Minor incident

I had a minor incident yesterday.  Not too bad but a small set back.  I forgot to take my meds until about 2PM.  This didn't bother me too much.  I just took them and that was that...sorta.

I did think about it a bit.  Well, a lot, but not so much that I freaked out like last time and ran into the bathroom to take my BP.  I did still take my BP and it was a little high (although I dispute the results on the grounds that I don't like them...)

So, of course, I took it again.  This time it was perfect.  So, its an improvement.  Not a big one.  There was no freak out and I was able to control myself pretty well.

That being said, today I had a spaz.  I had this pain in my elbow.  Sort of on the outside of it.  When I looked down at it I noticed my pulse right above my elbow.  And what do all good hypochondriacs think?

Aneurysm.

Damn skippy.  I mean, if you can see your pulse, you're probably already dying.  You've heard this time and time again.  Words like "pulsatile mass" and "big beating blobby thing" (ok, maybe I made that one up) are the stock and trade of aneurysms.

Of course, when I realized I could see the same "pulsatile mass) on my other arm and it was really nowhere near the "pain" in my elbow, I calmed down.

Well, sorta.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»