Monday, April 10, 2006

Superman gets a cold

I don't think its a matter of thinking I'm really sick that bothers me any more.  I think its a matter of being any form of sick at all that bothers me.  That somehow even being a little sick (like my current sore throat and general sinus badness) is proof that I'm not invincible.

Of course, I've never though I was but I think being sick is a tengible reminder that I can (and will be) incurably sick at some point.  I'm hoping this will be when I'm 110 years old but, we shall see.

The point is, being sick is a reminder that I'm mortal.  I don't like that.  I prefer to think I'll always be as healthy as I am.  I know that's a stupid notion considering the high blood pressure, cholesterol and whatever else I think I have.  I just don't need such a slap in the face.

No comments: