Wednesday, April 12, 2006

My cold

Suprisingly, I've not been too consumed by my cold/flu/mumps.  I've realy felt like crap the last few days but even though all medical literature says to go to a doctor if your sore throat lasts longer than 2 days, I don't seem to feel the need to.

I mean, I'm worried about it.  Especially after this mornings Today Show Special Series entitled "How to scare the holy hell out of you".  I think maybe they call it thier health update.  They were talking about the mumps outbreak that's been going around the Midwest.

I'd imagine I'd know if I had the mumps cause I'd look like a blowfish with a stuck valve.  So, with the exception of the occasional "maybe I have strep throat" I seem to not be concerned about my health.

This is new.  Sort of.  That's what's funny about me.  I can take being really sick.  As I've said previously, I hate being sick cause it reminds me I'm not super human but the actual act of being sick is nothing more than a nuissance usually.  Its the fear of the unknown sickness.  More on this in the next post.

No comments: