Monday, April 17, 2006

Aleve me alone.

For the past week I've been fighting a cold.  Well maybe the flu.  Or cancer.  I haven't decided.  It started with some general flu-like stuff and then morphed into somthing like allergies combined with ebola.  Without all the bleeding.

In order to combat this, I've resorted to taking drugs.  Nothing too powerfull.  A Theraflu here, a Dayquil there, some random cough medicine, etc.  I even resorted to the nuclear option.  Aleve Cold & Sinus.  This is like using a flame thrower to cook a hot dog.  Not only did it dry up my sinuses, but I think it removed all the water from my bladder and lowered the relative humidity in whatever room I was in.

I didn't realize I could be that dry.  I felt like that 1000 year old guy in the Twilight Zone that finally saw his picture and disintegrated into dust...without all the 1950s special effects, though.

The Aleve part worked pretty well too.  I think I may have accidentally removed a pan from the oven without an oven mitt and not noticed it.

This stuff should be a controlled substance.

No comments: