Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The book

I've been reading a book called http://tinyurl.com/jdmy5">The Hypochondriac's Guide to Life. And Death..  Its really very funny.  So far.  It does mention a lot of diseases but sort of in the way I do, poking fun at the obsurdity of them, the medical proffesion, and all things hypochondriacal.

At this point in the book he actually mentions the Doctor I linked to below in Europe that deals specifically with people like me (us?).  Only shortly and for a laugh, but it was ironic to see it.

He relay's an anecdote that I have to share.  It so perfectly describes the hypochondriac mind that it could be written about me (maybe with a different symptom).

The story goes that a man went to see his doctor complaining that he had a frog in his stomach and it was making him ill.  They performed every kind of test available at the time and found nothing.  However, the man wasn't assured.  So they devised a...procedure...to rid him of the frog.

They gave him something to make him vomit and when he did, at that instant the doctor threw a frog into the bedpan.  Having been cured, the man went home happy as could be.  And the doctor thought it was over.

Unfortunately the next day the man showed up and informed the doctor that they were too late.  They didn't get the frog out in time and it had had babies...

This is me.  This is how I work.  I get a 'cure' and I get a new disease.  Its a tough life, having frogs in your stomach...

No comments: