Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Details of my death have been greatly exaggerated

So there I was, minding my own business at the doctor's office when all of a sudden ninjas jump out of nowhere and armed to the teeth with sphygmomanometer (the blood pressure thingy) and large bottles of Lipitor! Next thing you know I've made nun-chucks out of a stethoscope and two tongue depressors. Long story short, I spent 2 months in Himalayan prison with Brad Pitt and Batman plotting my escape...

OK, I might have embellished a little. Well, pretty much everything after "so there I was". I have been away for a while. Partly due to my being in "remission" of my hypochondria and partly due to a new job. Allow me to sum up the last few months:

1. Doctor visit good
2. Lotsa work, also good.
3. Lab test not as good, get increase in medication.
4. Get bit by fire ants spend night in ER, not good.
5. Spend week on handfuls of strange drugs, not good.
6. Freak out, not good.
7. Recover from freak out, good.

With the exception of the fire ants, the good seems to equal the bad. That is also good. So maybe that means that the good outweighs the bad... That seems like poor math there somehow...but I digress.

I'm sure there are random other things in there but overall, everything is going well. I will do my best to pick this back up. Unfortunately (or not, depending on how funny you think I am) I just haven't had a lot to blog about.

Winter is coming. That tends to be a bad period for me. Bear with me while my crazy engine gets revved back up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Although I hope that it all stays good for you, in a selfish way I really missed your blogging. Once again you've given me laughs about the problem that we both share. By being able to laugh at you I'm also able to laugh at myself. I can see myself thinking and/or doing the same things.