Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Zoloft to the "rescue"...

Tales of my recovery have been greatly exaggerated. Its been forever since I've posted. Mostly due to the monumental freak outs that I've been experiencing. I started Zoloft on the day of my last post (12/15/05). The next day I had what can only be described as a complete melt down. It was the day of my annual Christmas party at my house. Things started off well enough. Then mid-day it all went to hell.

I spent the rest of the evening in what seemed like a never-ending panic attack. First time that's ever happened to me. After that, everything was sorta normal for a few days. Then my dosage got upped (from the starter to the normal dosage) and BAM! It happened again. It just so happened that this was Christmas day. I spent the whole day thinking I was having a heart attack. Yay.

Well the following days went pretty much like normal. One day I'm fine, the next I'm a wreck (but a little less of a wreck than before). This time around has been exceptionally hard to deal with. At least, I think it has been. I tend to block out the past episodes so all I remember is being really scared and spending copious amounts of time on the Internet.

I have been able to relax more recently so I'm hoping the Zoloft is working some magic. Barring any odd side-effects, I think I've committed to taking it for a full year. If I can get through a year without losing my mind, maybe it'll give me enough distance to keep a clear head on my own.

Sorry for the boring post, I promise to be funny later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Steven Martin and i would like to show you my personal experience with Zoloft.

I am 35 years old. Have been on Zoloft for 7 months now. This med did clear up the PPD, but weaning off of it has been absolute HELL. I got/am still getting the "zaps" that so many others talk about. Had I known it would be like this, I would have requested a different med. I will NEVER take this med again under any circumstances!

I have experienced some of these side effects -
Weight loss, upset stomach

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Steven Martin