Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Sniffles = Aneurysm

More like a minor derailment, actually. Even though I got the gold seal of approval from my doctor on the last visit, I can still manage to conjur up some malady. Currently I have this thing where when I sniff (like because my nose is running) I can get this wierd feeling in my lower abdomen. So, here's how it goes in my mind.

I sniff.
I feel something in my abdomen.
What connects the two?
My aorta.
I have an aortic aneurysm

See! Simple! Man, I wish they'd put those conclusions closer together so I wouldn't have to jump so far...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dood! I think like this too. The thing that gets me though is that people who DO have strokes, cancer, heart attacks, etc... those things do not happen overnight like when you suddenly rip off your fingernail and bleed. Those are diseases that set in motion years before. I am in my 30s. I am getting certain kinds of migraines. How do I know that's not a sign of an impending stroke in 10 years? I just know disaster is waiting to happen.

dave said...

There's a bit of faulty logic there that we hypochondriacs deal with on a regualr basis. That being:

"How do I know I'm not really sick?"

Well, I say to that, "How do you know you are?"

Its just that simple. If it will make you feel better, I'll bet you 1 months paycheck you don't die of a stroke in 10 years. If you don't, you can pay me. If you do...