Saturday, March 17, 2007

I'm on vacation, bitches!

OK, I was not refering to the female readership in the post title. I prefer the non-pejorative term "ho" in that respect. Anyway.

I'm in sunny Florida. I say sunny because it is. I do not, however, say warm or calm. Its 67 degrees and windy as a session of Congress. It is however, Florida. Its gorgeous. I took a nice 2 hour bike ride yesterday that included everything from sunny "oh my god its hot" to rainy and "I think I saw a flying monkey" windy. All the while, I was content. Its funny. I'm riding in 30mph winds, rain so hard that I can barely see, and on 1 inch wide tires going 25mph and I'm completely content. Yet, if I stub my toe I start to panic thinking it might have dislodged a blood clot (I wish I could make this stuff up).

Anywho. I've gotten some great comments over the last few days and I just wanted to achkowledge them and say "warm and fuzzy" it makes me feel to know random strangers with whom I've never met seem to care more about me than my supposed loved ones. You guys rock!

P.S. Lacy, I hope you're doing better. May the power of Tylenol with Codeine be with you!

7 comments:

Angela said...

Forget the blood clot...you could just fall over dead from a heart attack for no apparent reason like one of those jogging health nut freaks.

dave said...

Doubtful. I do my best to walk the line between healthy and unhealthy so I don't end up like one of them.

Lacy said...

*sad. Was my comment deleted?!

Lacy said...

*sad. Was my comment deleted?!

dave said...

I don't think it was. I haven't deleted any.

Lacy said...

hrhmm. Well, it said, "thank you for the well wishes!"

btw, your blog made an appearance on my video of my cat....

Anonymous said...

I loved this post! Made me crack up. Thanks for the short little vacation I took at my desk; reading yours made me feel like I am not in a stale airless cubicle but instead in sunny, windy Florida. Maybe even stubbing my toe too, hehe. Thx for sharing!