Sunday, February 18, 2007

My new career

I had something to post but I forgot what it was... Must be my Alzheimer's flaring up. In between my 'bouts' of cancer, my 'episodes' of aneurysms, and my 'run ins' with strokes, its hard to find time for such a long-term disease like Alzheimer's. I mean, its so slowly progressive that I almost forget that I 'have it'.

I need to write some sort of tracking program for Hypochondriacs. SickMaster? Hyp-o-matic? DiseaseTracker 2.0? That way we could document our various ailments, set reminders to make sure we check our pulse to see if we're alive, collect bookmarks for the best medical sites, create photo albums of the 'spots' we swear are cancer but are really just chocolate, etc.

I think I know a website I could market it on...

2 comments:

Barbora said...

You may be on to something!

I was thinking of creating something like Barbora’s Hypochondro-Meter©. This would be my tool for quantifying the amount of anxiety I was experiencing at any given time. I would then post my anxiety level at the end of each blog (the way others use emoticons or indicate what music they are listening to). It could also be a big time saver for any future psychiatrist I may visit. I could simply direct them to my blog.

I could be boring and using a numeric system or I could use colors like for national security advisories, or maybe even use songs to indicate anxiety levels. “O Fortuna” from Carmina Burana (http://odeo.com/audio/4571293/view ) could be the worst and ..um…the best? This is the tough one…perhaps Pachelbel's Canon? Not my favorite piece of all time. Maybe, Handel's Messiah? I need to think about this a little more … I’m open to suggestions. Oh heck, I could just go all the way over to “Music from the Hearts of Space” New Age and have Enya at the low anxiety end of the scale.

By the way, I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your blog! I discovered you and theperfecthypochondriac about two weeks ago. You’ve inspired to begin sharing my own thoughts at http://whistlingnthedark.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hey Barbora, great blog. I love your post about the pho. I too would be horrified!