Monday, February 19, 2007

Empa...Impa...I know what you're feeling.

I've had a somewhat interesting development today. I have this 'friend' (and no, its not me) who seems to have a litany of problems when she exercises. Her heart rate goes way up or sometimes she gets a headache. Today she felt light-headed and like "her blood sugar was low" and at some point had a nose-bleed.

I am freaking out.

I say this is 'interesting' because usually I'm OK with other people being sick. I feel bad for them but I'm not overly concerned. Her, though, I started 'diagnosing' and doing symptom-searches on Google. All the things I thought I had kicked for myself. I finally talked her into going to see her doctor.

Part of me was a little upset that she took her obviously impending doom so lightly. Why can't I be like that? Do I even want to be like that? I don't think so. Maybe it was just general concern for her well-being. We are 'friends' after all. We'll see how I do if it comes back that she 'has something'.

2 comments:

Lacy said...

It doesn't sound serious...really. I'm sure she's fine. Exercise can effect people all kinds of crazy ways.

Anonymous said...

I dunno, it sounds serious to me. People shouldn't bleed when they work out. Was this the first person you tried to diagnose other than yourself? I am *always* going online with friend's symptoms... almost more than my own!