Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I've had a cold lately, nothing life-threatening but, when you're a hypochondriac, everything is really life-threatening. I was staying with a friend last night and decided that in order to sleep I should take some drugs.

My friend, having two children, had quite an array of medicines. There were many different kinds of non-drowsy this, and cold&flu that and all manners of flavored drugs. The problem is that almost all of them had some sort of warning about 'consulting a doctor before use' if you had any one of a number of maladies. A short list being:

- Hypertension
- Heart Disease
- Glaucoma
- Malabsorbtion
- Halitosis
- A case of the willies
- "The Vapors"

Somehow in my mind these meant "If you take this drug you may or may not die. Good Luck!". I'm sure that wasn't what the writer intended but, that's what I got. After about 20 minutes of staring at them I got so tired I decided I could fall asleep and didn't need to take anything. I slept well all night...go figure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better... it's miserable being sick. :(

Lacy said...

*chuckles*

it is SO good to know I'm not the only one.