Friday, December 02, 2005

Not good

So the wife sends me an instant message that says:

"I just got off the phone with the nurse. Call if you get a sec. Nothing major"

Now lets analyze this. I haven't been to the doctor in a month. Yet mysteriously my wife just got off the phone with the nurse. So immediately my mind goes to some test that they overlooked and now, because they care so much that they review patient's results on a whim to make sure they haven't missed anything, they call me.

Of course this is after they call and say my last results were fine. So I'm freaking out. Not panicking but it's not good. And to make matters worse, she goes to lunch. No cell phone, no nothin'. This is highly unfortunate.

Lets also review the last sentence there. "Nothing major". What does THAT mean? I mean, "Nothing major" could mean anything from a bill I didn't pay to an 85% chance that I'll survive the disease I found.

"Nothing major"....indeed.

No comments: