Sunday, September 24, 2006

I haven't taken a bath in over a year

OK, before you become repulsed and question whether you should disinfect your keyboard (and your eyeballs) let me say that I take (at least) one shower a day. I'm speaking specifically here about baths. As Kramer put it so succinctly, "stewing in a tepid pool of one's own filth".

I used to enjoy baths to some extent. Especially after a long workout or bike ride. I'd sit in the tub and read a book or a magazine and just waste time. Then I started worrying about my blood pressure. The what-if engine started revving and I worried about all kinds of things. Mostly about passing out and drowning. This has in some way prevented me each time from taking a bath. Yeah, crazy, I know.

I do enjoy my hot showers on a daily basis but even those, sometimes, scare the livin bejesus out of me. Especially if I'm having an 'episode' of low blood pressure. This, of course, is probably totally ficticious and is simply me being tired and/or freaking out. Which means my BP is probably actually up...

Anywho. Yesterday I had a particularly long and arduous (more on this later) bike ride yesterday and I caught myself worrying about taking a hot shower because I felt weak.

Yes, you read correctly. I'm now afraid of water droplets that fall from a brass fixture. If I could sell tickets to my mind, I'd be a millionaire.

No comments: