Sunday, November 25, 2007

One year later

Most likely no one from the "good ole days" is still reading this. Its my fauly of course. I've been "cured" so to speak. No issues in quite some time. In fact, I had a Dr. appointment last week and turns out, I'm not dead...yet. However, that's not the reason for this post.

Today is the one year anniversary of the rest of my life. One year and one day ago I woke up and told my wife of 13 years that I was leaving. A lot has changed (and a lot hasn't) since then. We've begun the official proceedings of our divorce (mediation). Some things are going better than others. Some things are going much worse than I had hoped. But whenever you're dealing with humans you're bound to be surprised.

All in all I can say that I've never been happier. I'm still with the same woman I last wrote about. We've had a lot of trials and tribulations. Most we've resolved, some we've decided weren't worth arguing about and have decided to just not argue about.

Anyway, I thought I'd check in and see if any of the peeps were still around. I check the blogs listed here from time to time to see how ya'll are doing. I hope those of you with similar (or not) problems have been able to find the same kind of peace and happiness that I have in the past year.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

I just started reading your blog a few months ago and set it up on RSS feed. I've read everything to date in your blog and your humor has lightened my own mood several times.

I also want to mention that I found your blog because I was looking for information on my spleen (which I was sure was broken and in need of transplant or whatever you do with a spleen.)

Glad to hear life is good... :)

Deanna

me said...

Hey, it's good to see you're back!! I wondered if the reason you dropped off of writing frequently is because you were stronger having made all those big life-changing decisions, and now were reaping the benefits (like less symptoms, less need to vent, etc.). So glad to hear you're doing ok. I kindof figured this was the case. It's nice to have followed along this with you, from when you were scared of making the decision to a year later, feeling very much like it was the right thing to do. Makes me very happy to hear you're well.

Lacy said...

*smiles*

been thinking bout ya. Glad to see you are happy, healthy and still doing well.

Emma said...

Hey!
I was searching for, "How to Deal with Hypochondria" cause I have it mildly, and this blog is so funny! I can relate to a lot of it, and I actually inhaled the piece of rasberry licorice that I was eating because i was laughing so hard. I think I have licoritis now. :-D