Monday, July 16, 2007

A horse by any other color

I meant to post this a while back but haven't gotten around to it.  Once day I was having a discussion about whether a zebra was a black horse with white stripes or a white horse with black stripes.  To most people there is no distinction.   Its just a striped horse.

This brought about the existential question (you knew there had to be one), "am I a sane person feeling sick or a sick person feeling sane?"  I've had some really good months since I left the house.  I actually got bitten by two fire ants recently and, surprisingly, I didn't die.  Of either the bites or panic.  It wasn't the best few hours of my life, waiting for impending doom, but I got over it.

Things have been going well otherwise.  Job is good, relationships are good, kid is good, its all good.  Hope all of you are doing the same.

P.S.  According to Wikipedia, zebras are black with white stripes.  Who knew?

2 comments:

me said...

I'm glad to hear everything's good... that's a good sign. And it's an even better sign that the tough decision you made a while back was actually a really good one. Glad to hear from you.

Azza said...

this is a GOOD hypochondria blog - and God knows we need more of those... but why so silent?

Dying of malaria in Edinburgh http://alexrenton.blogspot.com